Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tu-Na Quilts: A Block for Meredith in Hive 4

I spent a good long time picking out the fabric for this quick and easy block but I think it turned out lovely. I hope Meredith thinks so too. You can find the pattern here.

Meredith asked for medium grays, dark blues, coral, teal, yellow, and lime green.
I didn't have all the fabrics I needed in my stash, so I shopped at three stores. I found what I needed as well as several more pieces I didn't.

This block is on it's way to Meredith in Albuquerque a little late but it will get there soon.

What I Learned Today:
  1. No matter how carefully I pick out the fabric for a block or quilt, I usually change my mind at least once about one or more fabrics.
  2. Be open to using more color combinations in my quilts. I would never have chosen these colors for one quilt but I think it will turn out lovely.
  3. Albuquerque is very difficult to spell.

Karen, Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats