Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hive 7 August Block Tutorial

It is my month to be Queen Bee. The block I want to use is from aperserveringmom.com. It is Starry Sky Block.  I will be using the 12 inch paper pieced pattern. When printing make sure the setting is not fit to page as it changes size of pattern.
  I would like people to use low volume for background. Anything that is interesting but will not take away from color in the stars.  Below is my fabric pull for background.  I use color, grays and black and white.
Black and white


Grays'


Color

I have picked a focus fabric for color selection. I find this to be the easiest way to use color from my stash.  It is a batik,  I do not use solids so would like people to use bright prints. 



I then selected many different colors.


And now for my block.



I hope everyone just has fun.  The colors need to contrast enough from the background.  I can't wait to see everyone's block. It measures 12 1/2 inches. I will be on vacation til 8/7 and may not see any Email if people have questions. Will answer once I get home

1 comment:

mumbird3 said...

Looks really cute!!