Saturday, July 1, 2017

Hive 9 Tutorial for July

Hello everyone
My block for July is pretty straight forward.  I'd like it done in 30's fabrics, often called "Aunt Grace" fabric, but any small floral will do.  (The picture below shows the fabrics I chose)

The background fabric should be a white solid or a white on white fabric.  You can choose one fabric or scrappy, either way is fine.  
From each of the four Aunt Grace fabrics and the background fabric (s), cut two 4 3/8" squares.  Pair a background square with an Aunt Grace square and draw a diagonal line.  Sew 1/4" on either side of the line and cut apart on the drawn line.


Press toward the Aunt Grace fabric and trim to 3 1/2".  (I oversized the squares so that there would be wiggle room to trim.  You should have 16 half square triangles (hst) in total.  Arrange the hst's as shown below and sew squares together, forming four rows.   Sew rows together making a 12 1/2" block.  Please don't trim, I'll do that on my end.  
Thanks so much for your help with my quilt!  Any questions or problems, please let me know.



No comments: