Sunday, January 1, 2017

January Tutorial for Hive 2

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

This is Cyndi and I am glad to be Hive Mom for the 2nd year.  Hard to believe but here we are in 2017.  I hope everyone is excited about starting this year's Stash Bee. My pick this for this month's tutorial should make you happy, it is really easy and quick, a Heart Block.  Last year I crashed another hive and made the Heart block and loved it and decided I wanted a Heart Quilt.  I made some blocks but haven't gotten far.  Therefore, I figured this would be a great way to get back to making some more Heart blocks and would be a great way to start off the Stash Bee.

For the background I want white on white material and then for the heart, reds.  Here are some of the ones I have already made.


You will need to cut:
Cut 2--4 1/2" x 8 1/2" Print Fabric
Cut 2--4 1/2"  Background White Square
Cut 4-- 1 1/2" Background Square White

Finish -8 1/2"


Example of cut fabric


Draw diagonal lines on the wrong side of each of you squares. Example of lay out.  Sew on the diagonal lines.



Trim 1/4" from the diagonal lines.  Please press seams toward the printed fabrics. Sew the 2 pieces together and your done.  Told you it was quick and easy.



Can't wait to see your hearts.  If your have any questions feel free to contact me.

Cyndi

2 comments:

Lots of Stitches said...

Hi Cyndi
A little confused there seems to be a lot of instructions missing you go from cutting out to the final sets of the completed block
Can you please update

rappy said...

Cyndi, I have a couple of heart blocks left over from Quilts for Pulse. They're 10.5", with a cute red heart fabric - could you use them for your quilt back? If so let me know and I'm happy to post them to you.

Cheers,

Carmit (Hive 4)