Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hive 4, January 2017 Block Completed


This is my first Stash Bee Block! So exciting! I'm very excited to be a part of this group. I love quilting bees! There's just something really special about having a quilt made with many hands.

I really enjoyed making this block! So much fun! It was great to get in there and play with my scraps. I meant to use all different fabrics but I accidentally repeated one two different times. Oooopppsss! I just loved those so much I was drawn to them a second time while pulling scraps out! I selected some of my favorites to go in this block! Hope it works for you Stephanie and I really cannot wait to see the final quilt/quilt top! I think it's going to be amazing. I also love the large size! If I didn't have a plan for my month already I'd totally steal this block idea! Maybe next year...


Also, the light in the bottom left corner kinda makes the low volume look like a solid but they are both Zen Chic Modern Background prints. I love low volume so much! Does anyone else wonder if that will one day mark our generation of quilters? I can just hear my great granddaughter telling her friends, "I have no idea why my grammy used all these text prints for a background!" Lol. Cracks me up!

Looking forward to next month's block!

~Bethany



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, I'm so glad you signed up. I too love low volume, I have plans somewhere, sometime to do a whole quilt in low volume. who knows when.