Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hive 3, January

Happy New Year, Hive three and beyond!  This month Queen Traci of January asked for an almost bear paw block, in colors inspired by Rifle Paper Co's Les Fleurs line for Cotton&Steel. 
I have exactly one cut of this line in my stash, the horses in Salmony Pink. I also used a navy polka dot by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda and a lighter blue from Carolyn Friedlander's Doe line. 
While this was an easy fun project, I did have to pull out the ole seam ripper when I sewed a row of HSTs to the wrong side of the block--four times.  I thought I had the instructions down pat so I switched my computer to ABC to catch up on some episodes of Modern Family.  Oops.  I guess I'm not that cool. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EEK!! I love it! Thank you!

Cyndi said...

Very pretty. Love it and I am sure she is thrilled.