Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hive 3 - September Block for Emily

I struggled with this block, really really struggled. Not making the block that was very easy, but deciding on a theme. I suck at applique, so I knew adding something to my block was a no go, so I wanted a theme. But I"m not a big novelty fabric person and the first theme I thought of that I knew I had fabric to use was "monkeys" and she had done that as her sample.  So I was talking to my sister and she reminded me of the a quilt she made that used Texas and western fabrics. I started digging through the left overs and found enough to make my block. Emily did say anything goes and I hope she meant it.  I really like the block, and it was fun once I found the fabrics.


From the blocks I've seen so far, I think Emily is going to end up with a very cute quilt, and I can't wait to see it finished. I am headed to the post office to drop this off later this afternoon, so hopefully she will have it soon.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I absolutely meant anything goes! This is great! My favorite is the windmill, although barbed wire is a close second. I love it!