Monday, July 18, 2016

July Block for Hive 3

Hello! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. With the scorching Florida sun, we tend to stay indoors most of July to stay cool. I'd love to spend that time at my sewing machine, but my 6 year old usually has other things in mind. Oh well.  Onto this month's block --


Sarah asked us for some large string blocks and wanted to know what some of the fabrics were used for in the past. The light blue/white fabric was leftover from the lining of my Miranda bag, the teal was used in my StashBee quilt from last year, and the red/white cross-hatched fabric is from my Spinning Stars wall hanging.

I used my 12.5" ruler to make sure that it was big enough for you to trim down. I hope you like it!


~ Diana from Red Delicious Life

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you Diana!