Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Block for Andrea

This is the post I wrote for my blog (Patchwork & Pastry) - because my blog is bilingual, I write my posts here in two languages as well:

I am a member of an online Block Exchange, which focuses on only using fabrics from your stash.

  Ich mache bei einer online Gruppe mit, wo wir jeden Monat einen Block nähen mit Stoffen die wir schon besitzen (kein Stoff wird neu gekauft).

 I have no idea why this month's block caused me so much trouble!  Even the fabric choice became a big issue, although Andrea's only request was the fabric be blue or teal.

  Ich habe keine Ahnung warum mir dieser Block solche Schwierigkeiten gemacht hat!  Sogar die Stoffwahl hat sehr lange gedauert, obwohl Andrea's Wünsche sehr unkompliziert waren: der Stoff sollte nur blau oder blau-grün sein... 

And here is my block:

Und hier ist mein Block:

IMG_0451

 I am sending it off to Andrea today - but I am keeping the pattern because I like this one a lot...

  Ich schicke den Block heute ab, aber ich behalte das Muster denn er gefällt mir doch ganz gut...

And here is a little teaser:  one of my blocks has been accepted into the Spring issue of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 13.  It will be in stores on May 2nd!!

  Und es gibt noch andere Neuigkeiten: ein von mir entworfener Block wurde von Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks aufgenommen und wird in der Frühlingsausgabe erscheinen (ab 2. Mai erhältlich)!!

Irene @ Patchwork & Pastry
(irenegrimes.wordpress.com)

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Congratulations Irene!