Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Stash Bee - Hive 7, Jan. Block

Here goes. My first blog in over 2 years.

First, the diamond block for Hive Mama, Cyndi. This block was so much fun to pull together.

 

Now, for some info about me.

1. Name:  Sherry Von Fumetti

2. Where you live:  Johnston, IA....a suburb of Des Moines

3. Tell us about your family: Married 31 years (to the real Mr. Wonderful) with 3 adult children ages 25, 25 and 24. Yes, I'm used to being busy. I had second thoughts about joining the Bee because my oldest daughter is getting married in August. It should be manageable though.

4. Tell us about your pets:  None. Had a dog for 18 years (same dog) but am hesitant to get another yet.

5. How long have you been quilting? I started quilting when my oldest children went off to college 7 years ago.

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting?  Just dabble; nothing with any regularity.  I'm sure I'll need to put my crafty hat on for wedding decorations, etc. So far, I've been recruited to make pew bows, chair sashes and spray paint black lanterns cream.

7. Fabric line you want to buy next:  It's not really a line but I'm anxious to try shot cotton solids.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):  I do all my own quilting on a domestic machine. It gets a little crazy with anything larger than a twin. Recently, I 'won' a frame at an auction that can be used with a domestic machine. A goal for 2016 is to start using it.

9. Where we can find you on social media:  Instagram (svonfumetti), Facebook (Sherry Von Fumetti)... I rarely post on FB, and email (sjvonfumetti@yahoo.com).

10. Favorite book:  Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt although I read the Bible most often.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: I have two...DWTS (Dancing With The Stars...received Derek Hough's book, Taking the Lead, for Christmas) and Downton Abbey.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

looks gorgeous cant wait to see it. If you get a chance check out Shot cottons by E studios called peppered cottons. They are gorgeous and are the softest material ever. Love them just ordered 20+ for the store.

Thanks
Cyndi

Sherry VF said...

Thanks for the info. What is the name of your store? Is it online?