Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hive 7- January block


Here is Cyndi's block for January.  It was a great project to take to our guild sew day!  It was sent awhile ago but it took me a bit to get organized to write my blog 


Name:  Kristen

Where you live:  Rochester NY

Tell us about your family:  3 kids - a son who is a college freshman at PItt, daughter in 10th grade and son in 8th grade 

I am divorced after 23 years of marriage and enjoying my new found freedoms!

Tell us about your pets:  90lb Labradoodle who thinks he is a lapdog

How long have you been quilting?:  Dabbling for about 5 years - have made one for my grandmother and one for each of my kids - I love making minis and have done a few online swaps for those 

What crafts do you do other than quilting?: a bit of knitting, garmet sewing, painting, redoing furniture with paint, various home dec type crafts

Fabric line you want to buy next:  I used to have a children's clothing business so I have a substantial stash to work through - am on a fabric diet until I make a dent in that!  Although a good text or low volume print can always turn my head!

Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):  i am a bit impatient so I like to rent a long arm at my LQS when I get a top done.  For smaller projects I use my home machine

Where we can find you on social media: Khallagan on Instagram
Kristen Gocker Hallagan on FB
gocksfrocks.blogspot.com was my blog when I had my kids clothing business
I'm on Flickr too - gocksfrocks I think?

Favourite book:  too many to list here - I've led a book group at Barnes and noble for 17 years!  A couple of standouts- anything by Geraldine brooks, city of light, The particular sadness of lemon cake...

Favourite show to binge watch:  I have a few I switch between - I love shows like top chef or master chef, project runway, period dramas like Indian Summers (PBS) or downtown abbey

2 comments:

Allison/Savage Pink said...

Love your block! Super cute fabric choices.

Cyndi said...

Thanks for your block love the deep colors. Thanks for your time.