Friday, January 15, 2016

Hive 6 January Block for Sylvia

This is my first time in stash bee, and my second online swap. This is so much more fun, as we get all of our blocks at once, the other one had people partner and swap each month, so you only got one block a month. Still fun, but this rocks. It's so inspiring to see what others make. 

I'm so happy I got to be part of stash bee this year and I can already tell it's going to make me a better quilter/designer. Here is my block for Sylvia. Whew, it was a challenge, but so much fun! If I have the time, I will definitely be making a second one in a different color. Okay, here are two more I did today... I'm mailing them out tomorrow. :) 




1. Name: Jen Bianchi
2. Where you live: The Upper West Side of NYC
3. Tell us about your family: Just my hubby and I so far. 
4. Tell us about your pets: 2 old cats, Martini (female), Miles (male) and my awesome siberian husky, Dizzy!
5. How long have you been quilting? Off and on for years, but obsessively for about a year and a half. ;)
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Wait, what? There are other crafts? 
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I really can't narrow it down, I love everything by Allison Glass, but I think I'd like to get some liberty of london tana lawn. I've never purchased any because of the price, and I'd like to know what all the fuss is about. Is it really worth it? 
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):  Well, I guess right now I'd have to say FMQ, but I'm curious to try long arm, I just haven't had the chance.
9. Where we can find you on social media: mostly instagram @dizzythelaughingwolf
10. Favorite book: How can I have just one favorite book? It's impossible! Reading right now: In Cold Blood by Turman Capote.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: The West Wing. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Jen, I love your block. What is that bird fabric you used? The Liberty tana lawn is worth it. I got one piece in a scrap bag and was obsessed with how soft and strong it was. Then I splurged a little on black friday, so it wasn't that bad in terms of cost. I think once you get your hands on some you will know what all the fuss is about.

Unknown said...

Karen, good to know about liberty, I will definitely try to get a bit. :) The fabric is from a line called Waterfront Park by Violet Craft for Michael Miller. I'm going to update with a couple more blocks today and used more of it in a different color. :)