Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hive 3. January

 

Hi I had a great time making this block for Diana.

Now for the questions.

1. Name. Lauren Wood
2. Where do you live?  I live in Braintree Massachusetts.  It is about 20 minutes from Boston.  I live in the house that my grandmother and grandfather built in the 1940's. I learned every craft I know from my grandmother.
3. Family. I am a single mother of three boys. Christopher is 28, Daniel is 26 and Gregory is 17.  I have all of them at home.
4. Pets. I have 3 yr old yellow Lab Casey and a 12 yr old Siamese cat named Mai Tai
5. How long have you been quilting?  Well I started when everything was done by hand in the early 1980's. I started quilts then but never finished. I have been quilting from the late 80's sometimes many hours and then when the kids were little few hours. I found a wonderful shop about 5 years ago and sew everyday now
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting?  At this time I mainly sew quilts. I have knit,crochet and cross stitching at other times. I love knitting the most other than quilting
7. Fabric line I have been staring at is Carolyn Friedlander Carkai
8. Preferred quilting method. I prefer to send out my quilts and pay someone to do it for me
9. Social media. Instagram is laurenmlir5,  Facebook Lauren wood,
10. Favorite book. I read a lot and often can't remember the names. One of my favorites is Stephen Donaldson Ilearth Wars
11. Favorite show to binge watch. I will watch anything. Just finished the Flash and Madam Secretary
 
I am so glad I joined this year. I am excited

2 comments:

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Lauren, I love the block! And that is so cool that you live in the house your grandparents built.

Anonymous said...

HI,love this block! All will enjoy using it in the future I know!
msstitcher1214@gmail.com