Monday, November 23, 2015

November Blocks for Erin - Hive 9

It is so hard to believe that this year's bees are almost done. I've had a great time and love the blocks that our hive got to do this month. I've always been a fan of rainbows and rainbow colored quilts and I can't wait to see what Erin does with these blocks.

I want to thank her for the wonderful fabric she sent (and she was very generous) and the great little ruler. I had just started a project where that ruler was a big help!!! Plus I think this is my favorite block this year, just because it was so bright and cheery.

The pattern basically makes two blocks and they go together very quickly.  I think this is going to go onto my to do list, and maybe in rainbow colors.  Here are my blocks. They went into the mail this morning, so hopefully they will arrive very soon.



Now for Erin's question, What experience have you had that initially seemed like it would be a great burden in your life but ultimately it transformed your life in a way that you are now grateful for? I've been very blessed in my life, but in 2006 I had to make some dramatic changes in my life. My parents started having some severe health issues and it became clear that they wouldn't be able to live independently for much longer. So I sold my home, their home and my sister and I bought a house together and moved them in with us. It was hard, but I know that it made the last years of their lives so much easier/better. And I was blessed to know that I gave back to them for all the wonderful things they gave me as a child.

1 comment:

Block beauty said...


What a great work and also very nice content keep it up. i really enjoyed your blog. If you are interested in block printing visit
Block Printing in Bangalore| Block printing on cloth