Monday, November 23, 2015

HIve 7 -- November finish!!

It's hard to believe we've finished year together.  It's been fun to make blocks for everyone and to get all those lovely birds you made for me (still waiting for their turn on the work wall).
 
Here are the final two blocks -- for Christina -- she is make a Quilt of Valor.
It's an easy block to piece and as I was looking at it on the work wall, I got to thinking it will be fun to experiment with the layout -- seems like there would be some interesting variations!
 
 
She asked us what was our favorite quilt we've made for someone else -- a picture helps -- this is one of three quilts I made for my adult children last Christmas with some help from their great, great grandmother!! 
I told the story of the blocks and the quilts last winter on my blog -- read it HERE!

 
And the favorite that I've made for myself -- much harder question.  It's always the one I'm working on at the moment, but I have to say this scrappy tumbling block I made while developing the script for my DVD, Set-In Piecing Simplified is pretty special.  My favorite part of this quilt is that it has such a wide variety of fabrics -- a good scrapbook of my deep, deep fabric stash!!

 
 Being part of Hive 7 has been a pleasant experience.  I'm sitting out 2016 -- too far behind on too many things. 
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. 

Mary Huey
 

No comments: