Monday, September 7, 2015

September Block for Liz

Hello!  No sign of fall in Florida here, (besides the low 80 degree morning temps and Pumpkin Spice Lattes) but I enjoyed raiding my stash of warm colors to create these fall leaves!  They went together very quickly!
Liz asked how we quilted our quilts - I use my domestic machine with an 8" throat space - so lots of cramming and rolling!  I mostly attempt some wonky FMQ. (I practice drawing all my designs on paper before I try to FMQ, and I've found Leah Day's blog a nice resource)  My mom recently purchased the Bernina Q20, which is the sit down mid arm.  I used it on a mini and it was wonderful - however, my parents don't run the air conditioner in their house unless the temp is over 100 (I know, I know) so I've avoided using the machine.  Perhaps in December it will be cool enough - LOL!  Take care and happy sewing!
Em

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thank you! They look great!