Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hive 6: September 2015 Plus Blocks for Michelle

I've seen plus blocks but never sewed any until now.  They were quick as a breeze which led to me making four blocks.  I made two blue and two orange blocks.  I was visiting a friend when I made these blocks so I was able to dip into her stash for my blocks.


My blocks were pressed more neatly than they look in this photo. Also the lower left block is more orange than it appears in this photo.  I didn't realize how terrible the lighting was until after I sent my blocks off.  Oops.

I organize my stash semi thematically.  I store mine in boxes that slot into Ikea's Expedit.  One box has kid prints, one box has text prints, one box has solids, one box has designer faves (Tula Pink & Cotton and Steel mostly) and one box is scraps.  There are several boxes which are semi-organized. I put fabrics that I think are similar together. It's an eclectic method that I want to improve on.

No comments: