Monday, June 1, 2015

Hive #8 June Block Post

Hello everyone! My name is Rebeckah A. from Riverside CA. I will be married 4 years in September. We don't have any kids yet, but soon hopefully. I am 26 years old, and I LOVE sewing. My machine was in the shop for about three weeks and I was having sewing withdraws! Anyway, on to the block!

You know when you are all excited to make a quilt, and then you can't, for the life of you pick which to make!? Well that was my dilemma. I had NO idea! So, I asked the hubby. He wanted a quilt that felt homey but not "granny". He said he liked black, deep true red, and white. He did not want a supper bold design. I pintrested some ideas and he decided on this quilt (The Quilter's Cache/Marcia Hohn.).


The block is called the Diamond Star (click link for the free tutorial!) I found this block on the www.quilterscache.com site for free quilt block patterns. (following copyright rules though.)

Without further ado, please make me one of these blocks! (or more!) The colors will be an off white or cream background. It can be scrappy or solid, or tone on tone. Your choice. and pleas have the Red be a tone on tone red. True Red. NOT bright red or maroon please. Think, the color it is in the tutorial/picture above.

Here is my block!
#stasgbee2015 #hive8

Thanks in advance, and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

No comments: