Saturday, May 30, 2015

Finished Quilt - Pinwheels in the Park, 2014, Hive #12

I wanted to share my finished quilt from the blocks I received from the ladies of Hive #12 in the 2014 Stash Bee.  The pattern I chose was Pinwheels in the Park and you can see my tutorial here.  It took awhile to find the perfect backing fabric, but as soon as I saw Love Above from Moda's Airmail collection by Cosmo Crickets I knew it was "the one".  What could be more perfect than clouds for a pinwheel block! 


This is the first quilt that I have sent out to be quilted by a longarm quilter.  Stacie at Cupcake Quilts did an awesome job and had it back to me very quickly.  She recommended the pinwheel quilting design to complement the quilt and it was the perfect choice.  I am so please with how well it turned out that it won't be the last one I send out to her!  

A giant thank you to Heather T, Cheryl,  Heather S, Kristel, Laura, Jennifer, Michele, Genevieve, Francis and Willa for the great blocks that resulted in one of my favorite quilts!

1 comment:

genevievegraves said...

Thanks for posting this, Toni! It's wonderful to see the finished quilt. It came out great---I love the bold colors.