Friday, April 3, 2015

Yvonne's April 2015 Blocks for Hive #2

Angela requested the Starburst Cross block in modern blues and greens with a white background. Blue and green are my favorite colors, so I went straight to the fabrics that spoke most to me: Text in Navy by Carolyn Friedlander and Pearl Bracelet in Green paired with Kona White. I couldn't decide where I would prefer to put the blue or green in the block, so I just make one version each way. And lest you miss out on my OCD tendency, I would like to point out that I kept the text all heading in the same direction in the blocks. :)


Angela wants to know our favorite childhood memory... I have a lot of great memories, but as we are just days away from Easter I think I will share 2 of my best Easter stories. I don't remember the first, but when I was 2 or 3 my family (at that time just mom, dad, and I) went to my father's employer's Easter party. They were having raffles to give away prizes, and apparently when it came time to announce the large final prize (a HUGE Easter basket), I got up and yelled, "That's MINE!" and made a bee line for the stage. Sure enough, my dad had the winning ticket. It's a shame I don't have a digital scan of the picture - the basket was taller than I was! The other Easter memory I want to share means more to me with each passing year. My family (mom, dad, younger brother, and I) met my dad's best friend, Mike, and his wife at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky one year for Easter. We went fishing on the lake, we took many walks (I came across a rattlesnake on one of the trails), and I remember how much fun it was to hang out with Mike. Not long after that, Mike passed away suddenly and unexpectedly, and I am just so thankful to have the memories of spending time with him that weekend.

2 comments:

Angela N. said...

What a great memory!!! I can imagine that basket! Thank you for the lovely blocks!

Angela N. said...

What a great memory!!! I can imagine that basket! Thank you for the lovely blocks!