Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hive 9 - Card Trick for Heather

Hi everyone, I'm Shauna and today I'm going to show you the Card Trick blocks I made for Heather. I was very excited when I saw she picked this block because my sister and I had talked about doing a quilt with this block but were a little intimidated by it. So here was my chance to make one and see how hard it would be. I sent Heather some fabric options and she picked the combo she liked best. But before I made her block I wanted to do a test block.  So I picked a few more fabrics in the colors Heather requested and got cutting. It was really not that hard, and my test block turned out good enough to send to her as well.

Test block


Second block

I think I will be doing a quilt with this block at sometime in the future.  Now Heather's question was "If you could go back to school and learn anything, what would it be?"  I would love to go back to school and take some Art classes, like color theory.  I always struggle picking colors, and I would love to learn how to do it better.

I am looking forward to seeing Heather's quilt, the blocks I've seen so far look great.

1 comment:

Toni said...

You did a great job. Love your fabric choices!