Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Finished February Block for Bonnie

Here is my February Block for Bonnie. The brown was a challenge and I might have needed to add a few pieces to my stash, but that's not bad right??

I don't have much practice with wonky or improv so this was a good stretch.

Bonnie asked 5 notions you CANNOT live without! This is hard.

1. A good sharp seam ripper  (right now I like my little dritz seam-fix with the rubber end)

2. Little House glass head pins (I'm a big pinner, and recently was gifted these, I'm in love)

3. Clover needle threader. I recently purchased a clover needle threader so things would be easier when I'm doing big stitch decorative hand sewing.

4. Omni- grid  1x6 inch little ruler. I'm always getting this out to check things.

5. A nice sharp pair of scissors. Right now I love a little pair of green ones that were part of the swag bag from Quilt Bliss 2014. they are so sharp, its a bit dangerous, but great at the same time.

I don't sit down at my machine without these things and always keep them close at hand when I'm doing hand work

No comments: