Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March Block for Robin, Hive 1 Queen Bee!

Hello! I'm Bev from 44th Street Fabric and I wanted to show you the March blocks I made for Robin. She requested half-square triangle blocks in aqua and white. This is the second block I made and I like it much better than the first block I made for Robin.


Hope you like it Robin! Here's my first block that was made from ombre fabric that graduates from dark to very light. It was an experiment that didn't exactly work-lol.


I must say it is prettier in person...I cannot get a good photo with the camera I have. I'm supposed to label this post but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that! Sorry Allison! Cheery wave from Bev

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would bet that the "problem" (even though I think that the block is gorgeous as is!) is that what our eye sees as a "light" and as a "dark" when the fabric is on its own is not the same as what the fabric actually looks like when put all together. I bought a tool called a "ruby beholder" and it's basically a piece of red plastic that you can look through at two fabrics (or five or twenty) and see which fabrics are a "true light" and a "true dark" and I have also found it to be VERY helpful in achieving color gradiations in quilts between similar colors. I would have two fabrics and think "for SURE this is the light and that is a dark" and then I would look through the ruby beholder and, low and behold (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!) I had it backwards or they were both darks in the same color range! Drats! But it's a very helpful little tool :)