Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bev's First Block of 2015 for Hive #1

Hi, I'm Bev of 44th Street Fabric! Alison, the Bee Mama for Hive One has asked us to make Sawtooth Star blocks. We had a choice of several sizes. I chose the 16.5" block with an 8.5" star center. Three of the 4 fabrics I used in this block are fabrics that I hand-dyed. Here's the block (even though it's hard for me to get a good pic when the block is so big):
This is my first experience with the Stash Bee group. I hope Alison likes her block! The question for the month is "what is your biggest quilting disaster"? I would have to say that my biggest quilting disaster was with one of the first machine quilted quilts I did. I pinned it to the point where it was so heavy that I could barely lift it but apparently I pinned in some big pleats in the back. I checked the back frequently, although not as frequently as I should have because it was so heavy and hard to manipulate. I didn't see the pleats at all. I had so much work in it that I just appliqued large flowers and leaves on the back to cover the pleats. Live and learn! I can't wait to see everyone's blocks! Cheery wave from Bev

3 comments:

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

Beautiful! What a great way to start the new year =)

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Great save in appliqueing flowers over the pleats!

Sylvia said...

If pleats on the back are a disaster, then it took me years not to make a quilting disaster on every quilt! ;)