Saturday, June 2, 2012

June blocks for Sara (Hive 1)

This evening I decided to sit down and whip up some blocks for Sara :)

Here are the six blocks that I sewed up,pretty!  The only problem,they are not the correct size!!  Awww,sad face :(  I cut out all the pieces before sewing up any of the blocks,big mistake on my part.

Here are the four that are the right size :)  Only problem is that I only had enough Kona White for these blocks.  So Sara,will these be okay for you?  I will send all 10 blocks to you,and maybe the smaller blocks can be incorporated on the back of the quilt.  Also I will sign one of the smaller blocks so that you still have the requested four.

Note:  I think that the Kona White squares need to be cut to 5.5 inches square,instead of the 5 x 5 inches.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I figured that I should cut my Kona white squares to 5.5 since they strips said 1.5 x 5.5 otherwise I wouldn't have had enough Kona either. Love the fabrics you used on your blocks!

The Sunflower Patch said...

Well if I had been paying attention,instead of thinking about the bag I want to make myself...

supersara20 said...

I'm so sorry ladies, the kona is supposed to be 5.5 x 5.5 but I can't get blogger to let me edit that post. Sunni maybe you can edit it for me???

supersara20 said...

PS, the blocks look wonderful, thank you so much.