Saturday, June 2, 2012

June block, hive 2

This block for June was slightly more challenging in the execution than at first appeared, I hope it is what Laurel had in mind. It was strange to get the coloured pencils out and do some colouring in, but the colours really help when you are working out which to put where. Quite a lot of bulk builds up where there are multiple points converging at the same spot, but I don't think the thickness got excessive. My iron is my best friend today!
 And the black background really shows off the jewel colours a treat.

Now I must go sort out a signature block!

If there was another factor I have failed to take into account, please let me know, I can try again.

3 comments:

Stephanie Granite said...

Wow it looks fantastic! Great job!

laurel said...

absolutely perfect! I really love it!

cheeky monkey said...

Lovely!