Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hive #3 block for Evelyn

I have to admit, I actually made these blocks back in May. I knew I was going to be away all summer sailing and working in Santa Fe so I emailed Evelyn and asked if I could make her block ahead of time (and she graciously said 'yes'!).

The Lady Washington, official tall ship of Washington state, outside Newport, OR with no wind to be had. I am crewing on The Hawaiian Chieftain, another tall ship which sails with Lady.
These were the LAST thing I sewed before I packed up my sewing machine to rest over the summer. I didn't realize how scrappy they were going to be and made mine all one color; I may remake some scrappier ones in the fall once I get home. Anyway, here is a picture of how I am spending my summer and a picture of the blocks I sent to Evelyn. Hope everyone is looking at a good week ahead!


No comments: