Thursday, May 31, 2012

June block for Hive 1

Hi Ladies! 

I'm Sara, I have to say that figuring out what block I was going to request was the hardest thing EVER!!!  I had probably 7 different ideas that I wanted then finally decided on a version of my first idea. 

Some of you may know that I am engaged to be married.  I have wanted a quilt to commemorate this event for a while. I have decided that instead of a sign in book I am going to ask each of my guests to sign a quilt block then make it into a fabulous quilt.  So, what I'm asking each of you to do is make the signature blocks for my friends and family to sign.  Since these will be super simple and on the smaller side I'm actually going to ask you each to make 5 blocks each (I welcome more if you're willing to make them!)  I would like 4 blocks left blank in the center and I'd like each of you to sign the 5th block.  I would like your name, city and state or country and any well wishes you'd like to include.  I plan to have a block labeling that the quilt was made by the Stash Bee so I ask you to only put the information  listed above on the signature block.

On to the block.  I'm only going to list the items needed for one block, just multiply by 5.  I'd like very bright cheerful colors that are mainly tone on tone or "blender" fabrics.

1 - 5.5 x 5.5 Kona white square
2 - 1.5 x 5.5 rectangle
2 - 1.5 x 7.5 rectangle



Sew the two smaller rectangles to the square and press like so: 




Then add the remaining rectangles like so: 




Please press seams to the colored side.  Blocks should finish to 7.5 x 7.5 inches square, trim as needed.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy! 

Thank you all so much in advance.  You have all done lovely work for each of the Queen Bee's and I am so excited to see all the fun fabrics and colors that will make up this quilt. 

-Sara

13 comments:

cheeky monkey said...

This is so brilliant. Now I know which Quilt I could have made for my friend.
I love it! Ladies from Hive #1 have fun.

Samantha said...

What a GREAT idea! If you don't mind I'm going to steal it in 2 years for my 25th wedding anniversary since we are having a big partay! :D

Studio V said...

That his is such a great idea! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

Kelsey said...

What a cute idea! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

This will be so simple and so stunning when it is all finished!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Fun and easy! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Cindy said...

Love this idea! Congrats on your wedding.

Jenelle said...

Should the kona white squares actually be 5.5 inches square? I was looking at the dimensions of the finished block and it seems like with seam allowance, 5 inches square is too small.

supersara20 said...

I edited the post... Had to download Google Chrome to do it. Ugh. Thanks ladies for catching my mistake!

Danny Heyen said...

Awesome!! This is going to be WAY easy AND beautiful! My kind of quilt! You had better show us what it looks like when it's all signed, Missy!!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

What a wonderful way to remember your special day. I will be honor to participate, thank you for the opportunity. May you two have a long, happy and successful life together

Unknown said...

Sara,
What is your fiance's first name? I feel weird only putting your name on the block.

supersara20 said...

Sorry, late in noticing this comment... my fiance's name is Terry!