Friday, June 1, 2012

Hive #4 May Blocks

I finally finished my May blocks for Hive #4.  I had a great deal of fun getting all the HSTs pieced and trimmed - it's something I have done only once before and for the first time, I felt like I got the trimming down part right.  Still working on consistent seam allowances, so that explains any variation in block size.  If either block is too small to work with, just let me know and I'll make a replacement one(s) and send out to you.  Goodness knows, I have plenty of 3.5" squares cut - I completely forgot that each 3.5" pairing would yield 2 HSTs, so I'm swimming in in red, black and off-white squares now.

I have not made a signature block yet - is there a particular pattern you would like to see used?

May Block #1

May Block #2

1 comment:

LYNN said...

Thank you they're great and lots of fun to make! Make whatever you would like for your signature block.