Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hive 1 - April

This was a fun block...



Have to say finding a grey/black/yellow combo was very difficult - not a lot of that in the UK! This was in my stash and had to fussy cut around some green flowers to only get the yellow! I was very thankful for the grey triangles as they covered a lot of green(!) as did the seam allowances!!

I'd have whizzed through if I hadn't forgotten to add the yellow triangle to the outer sections so had to rip back and resew *doh*

CeLynn - Hope you like!

Just posting this I realise I haven't done a signature block - was I supposed too?

Jo aka Twinkle Toes

9 comments:

LYNN said...

Oh like your blocks!

Anonymous said...

Oh, very lucky for you that you had it in your stash. I'l be using gray and black prints to sufice!
Your blocks look great!

Paskiaq said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your blocks. That fabric is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

That worked nicely. So glad I have some grey/yellow fabric for this block...seems to be a very US fabric combination.

NW Patchwork said...

beautiful!!!

Miki Willa said...

I had quite a hard time finding black or gray and yellow. I think I have just enough to make one more block. Yours are beautiful.

The Sunflower Patch said...

I am so sorry that my color choices seam to have caused such a problem! I had no idea this would be the case when I decided on this color combo.

Your blocks are very Beautiful,and I love the bit of green (it is my fav color) :)

The Sunflower Patch said...

Oops,forgot to address the siggy block question.

If you want to make one that is fine,if not that is okay too :)