Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gothic Windows for CeLynn

I had fun making these blocks.  I didn’t have any yellow/gray/black fabric in my stash, so I got straight away to ordering a few fat quarters on Etsy and laying them out near my sewing machine, and then procrastinating until the very last day to actually get around to sew them…
006
My first two blocks are 1/4 inch off on one end so they are slightly more rectagular, but if you are using sashing, it probably would be easy to include them.  The final outcome actually exceeded my expectations, mostly because I always do things like this, no matter how organized or careful I am.  Seems I am directionally challenged.
004
I had a good laugh about that one!  The yellow circles and daisies are Michael Miller Citron fabrics.  The yellow is kind of garish, so then I used Joel Dewberry Aviary which is a muted gold color.  My favorite blocks uses a fabric from my stash, charcoal washi tiles and a yellow 30’s repro fabric I’ve been stashing hording for years.
007
I hope you like them.  They will be in the mail first thing tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

The Sunflower Patch said...

All four of these blocks are Way Cool! I feel so special that you would use a fabric that you have been saving for years!!!

As for your mistake,I do that All the time myself :) Guess we are on the same learning curve ;) Can't wait to get these,Thank you.