Friday, April 20, 2012

April Bee Blocks

Finished up all my April bee blocks. I'm in both #2 and #3 hives so I waited til both were done to post them.  First is for Stephanie for hive #2. I love all the houses that have been made so far and can't wait to see her finished quilt!  I chose to do a barn with a quilt block on it.   I would LOVE to own a huge red barn! I would put the same star quilt block on it if it was mine. :)  There is one here in my town (without a block on it) that I drive by every day on the way to take care of our horses.  That is what inspired me.



I sketched it out and made it into a paper pieced pattern.  The star turned out at 2 1/2".  I love how it turned out!  I hope you like it Stephanie!!

Second is for Beth for hive #3. These were very simple and a lot of fun to make.  And a first for me.  I have never made chevrons before!  Definitely on my to_do list!! The fabric I used in these are: Summer House by Lily Ashbury for Moda paired with a vintage print from my stash.


Fabrics used in these are: Rodeo by Debbie Mumm for South Sea Imports paired with some Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda.


I can't wait to see what is in store for May!




13 comments:

Annaliese said...

that barn is great! nice job on the design/piecing!!

mammafairy said...

cute barn.

Studio V said...

I LOVE your barn! Great job!

Cindy said...

Love that barn....So creative!

Anonymous said...

Your barn block is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You did such a fab job on both blocks, but that barn is killer! I wish I had one!

Seamsewcountry@blogspot.com said...

The barn is truly awesome! We need a tutorial for that block!!

roccagal said...

I luv barns as well-that is a really great block! Fabulous colors and design!

cheeky monkey said...

this is such a lovely barn! I would love to make a house as cute and gorgeous as yours .. I am still thinking!

doodlebugmom said...

I love the barn!

Danny Heyen said...

That barn is amazing!

Tara said...

I love the barn, too! I'm still intimidated by paper piecing. I've never tried it except for string blocks and a mock-courthouse steps block from the 99 modern blocks book. Both were for a bee and were straight lines, so they weren't anything tough.

Stephanie Granite said...

I love it Jackie! It came in the mail the same day you posted, and looks amazing in person. Thanks!