Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunni’s Blocks

Here are my blocks ready for mailing

076

I made what I hope is okay for a signature block

078

Luckily I got the year right!  I can’t say that about all the checks I’ve written since the new year—lol!

I normally use this label on any quilts lap-sized or bigger

065

I had them printed at Spoonflower and love them.  There is a momma bee with three little ones (I have three daughters).  And my oldest daughter is named Bea, hence my love for bees!

I had fun making the blocks for this month and can’t wait to see what is in store for next month!

I got this book from the library after the new year

072

I leafed through it a few times but I had already had to pick the block I wanted for my month in another bee I joined since I was January.  (Strangely enough, I asked for either house or tree blocks to make a quilt called “Wonkytown” so I’ve made quite a few trees in the past two weeks!)  Once I had time to really look through it, I decided I liked it enough to buy and ordered it on Amazon a few days ago.  I like how each of the quilters wrote about what they liked about doing bees and I felt like a lot of what they said resonated with why I wanted to join a bee.  I have decided that for my month in Stash Bee I want to make a quilt similar to this one

073

I really love the way it looks and am hoping each of you has a little purple in your stashSmile

Have a great week!

6 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

Is it as hard as it looks? I think there might be some purple somewhere in my stash!

Love all three of your blocks. I used to have some of that bee fabric :)

kinter said...

Too cute. Love the siggie block. And I can't wait til your month to make those blocks. I like how the quilt has 1 block set backwards for interest.

Danny Heyen said...

I have that book too. I haven't made anything out of it yet. I want to though. I am really looking forward to making some of the quilts in the City Quilts book. They're all solids but they are put together really well. Also, love the siggy and still dragging my feet on getting one out (sorry Sunni!!) I guess I should work on that this week since January's almost up!

Lisa C in GA. said...

Okay, Jamie Lee...I think I might have just lost my mind a little, hahahaha!!! This will sound crazy, but here is how it all lays out. I wanted to commit to sewing this year. For the last year it seemed like I spent more time looking at sewing online than I did actually sewing stuff. Anyway, the way I did that was sign up for the Free Motion Quilt along, and 3 Bees. One is the Stash Bee, this bee, starting out with trees for Sunni. One is BeeJeebers, with Trees and Houses for Jamie Lee's Wonkytown quilt. And the third is the Wonky Bee and it's based on the book you referenced above - The Modern Quilting Bee: Block Party. It's all feeling very incestuous, lol.

Oh, and I love your spoonflower labels!

kinter said...

Bahahahaha! You are too funny. One of you is stalking the other!

Taisia @ Piecing Light said...

Purple? Oooh yes purple...